A sugar industry body is looking to bust some myths around sugar (without being too controversial!)
Here are some topics they would like covered:
- Achieving a healthy balanced diet can include some sugar
- Elimination of one food group is too simplistic
- Food and nutrition trends over history
- What do the different terms about sugar mean? Is there consensus?
- Is sugar bad for my heart?
- Misperceptions of ‘sugar-free’ food labelling. These foods are not necessarily healthier
- Natural vs added sugars, are they all the same?
- Consumption trends, obesity trends
- Diabetes or dental
- Strongly anti-sugar or quitting sugar
The articles will require expert interviews with accredited nutritionists, accredited practising dietitians, GP’s or those employed in academia demonstrating a balanced viewpoint on the topic.
Pitch deadline: 3PM 22/3/2016