We are commissioning an article that will serve as a guide on 'how to have a caravan/campervan/RV holiday (of at least two weeks duration) on a budget'.
The article would look at the purchase of the caravan (optional, but recommended), how to find the best deal on a caravan, setting a budget for the trip, how to save money on the road, low-cost campsite options, etc.
Tone and structure of the article needs to speak to a moderate to highly knowledgeable audience. This means content should be more of a detailed guide and inspiration to already-established enthusiast travellers, rather than a less-detailed “lifestyle” piece.
Details on specific products and items purchased for and used on the journey are required (eg. camping gear, tow equipment, tyres, travel fridges, vehicle/caravan upgrades, etc. – not general items like food, gas bottles, crockery, bedding, etc.). Include brand names, models/variants, purchase price, etc. on relevant items.
Content should cover:
- What caravan/camper trailer/RV was purchased and why (make/model/year, and why it was selected over others).
- Purchase price. Include any extras either added at purchase time or acquired after.
- How and where the caravan was purchased (dealer, private sale, at a caravan show, etc.).
- What other makes and models were considered.
- What was the tow vehicle (for a caravan/camper/trailer) or base vehicle (for an RV).
- The route and destination for the holiday.
- Time of year the holiday took place and why that time was chosen (eg. off season to save money).
- What was the budget set for the holiday and did you stick to it (explain why/why not).
- How did you save money on the road (free campsites, bringing/cooking own meals, combined with seasonal work, etc.).
- How did the caravan/camper trailer/RV perform on the trip – describe any areas where it impressed or disappointed.
- What was the highlight of the trip.
- Would you do this particular trip again with this particular vehicle (explain why/why not).
- Top 5 tips for caravanning on a budget.
Pitch deadline: 04/05/2016