Caravanning off road across rough terrain is a holiday with a difference and well worth it when you do it right. We are commissioning an article about a caravan or camper trailer holiday of about two weeks duration through a remote area of Australia with a focus on off-road travel (ie. on non-sealed roads).
The article would look at which route/destination was chosen and why, purchase of the camper trailer (optional, but recommended), available campsites on route, attractions on route, etc.
The article will be approx. 1000 words and have a good selection of supporting high-res images. First person perspective is preferred, but third person considered.
Tone and structure of the article needs to speak to a moderate to highly knowledgeable audience. This means content should be more of a detailed guide and inspiration to already-established enthusiast travellers, rather than a less-detailed “lifestyle” piece.
Details on specific products and items purchased for and used on the journey are required (eg. camping gear, tow equipment, tyres, travel fridges, vehicle/caravan upgrades, etc. – not general items like food, gas bottles, crockery, bedding, etc.). Include brand names, models/variants, purchase price, etc. on relevant items.Content should cover:
Content should cover:
- What caravan/camper trailer was purchased and why (make/model/year, and why it was chosen).
- How much was spent.
- How and where the caravan was purchased (dealer, private sale, etc.).
- What other makes and models were considered.
- What was the tow vehicle (make/model/year).
- The destination and route for the trip.
- Time of year the trip took place.
- What accessories and upgrades needed to be added to the caravan/camper trailer for the trip (detail specific products added and why they were included).
- Was a budget set for the trip and did you stick to it (explain why/why not).
- How did the camper trailer perform on the journey and what good and bad points were found.
- Surprises and/or problems encountered on the journey.
- Highlight of the trip and would you travel to the same area again (explain why/why not)
- Top 5 tips for caravanning off road.
Pitch deadline: 04/05/2016