We are commissioning a feature article about a caravan or campervan holiday (of around two weeks duration or slightly more) through a coastal region of Australia – can be any state - with a focus on sealed-road travel.
The article would look at which route/destination was chosen and why, purchase of the camper trailer (optional, but recommended), caravan parks used on route, attractions on route, etc.
The article will be approx. 1000 words and have a good selection of supporting high-res images. First person perspective is preferred, but third person considered.
Tone and structure of the article needs to speak to a moderate to highly knowledgeable audience. This means content should be more of a detailed guide and inspiration to already-established enthusiast travellers, rather than a less-detailed “lifestyle” piece.
Details on specific products and items purchased for and used on the journey are required (eg. camping gear, tow equipment, tyres, travel fridges, vehicle/caravan upgrades, etc. – not general items like food, gas bottles, crockery, bedding, etc.). Include brand names, models/variants, purchase price, etc. on relevant items.
Content should cover:
- What caravan was purchased and why (make/model/year, and why it was chosen).
- How much was spent.
- How and where the caravan was purchased (dealer, private sale, caravan/outdoors show etc.).
- What other makes and models were considered.
- What was the tow vehicle.
- The route and destination for the journey.
- Time of year the trip took place.
- What accessories and upgrades were added to the caravan for the trip (detail specific products added, what they cost and why they were included).
- Budget set for the trip and did you stick to it (explain why/why not).
- How did the caravan perform on the journey and what were its good/bad points
- Highlight of the trip and would you travel to the same area again (explain why/why not).
- Top 5 tips for caravanning on the coast.
Pitch deadline: 04/05/2016